|We pulled out of Casa Grande Monday morning to nice weather and clear skies. After our last travel day through the rain, snow & wind we were grateful for sure. We'd planned to stop at one of the truck washes to get our rig done but it turned out that two of them were behind us & the one that was in front of us required that we stay on Interstate 10. We'd already moved to I-17 headed for the Carefree Highway before Larry realized that we needed to adjust our route. I assumed he changed his mind when he kept going. After he realized what had happened he offered to turn around and backtrack but by then I had the smell of home in my nose and decided to just keep on truckin'. So, our poor home is covered with 4,000 miles of road dirt & it will just have to stay that way until we get time to take care of it.
The time zone changed as we crossed Hoover Dam so we are now back in Pacific time. Which of course gained us an hour, so we arrived in Vegas at 4:15pm, well before dark. We parked the rig at the fence for the night as we had an appointment to take the 5'er in Tuesday morning for a damage estimate at Johnny Walker's. Goodyear has been holding our claim, giving us time to arrive home, as this is where we prefer to get the work done. They had received our bad tire and were waiting to get the rest of our documentation. It appears they are going to take care of all of the damage, which of course is great!
It is Wednesday morning as I write this. The estimate was done yesterday and the 5'er is back home, set up at Larry & Bonnie's for the next couple of months. This is such a great spot for us to winter. Reasonably warm weather and close to family and friends. And doctors and dentists and vets, you know the drill. All the annual 'stuff' one takes care of. We are heading out in a couple of hours for Ely. We need to pick up and drop off 'stuff' and of course sister Lori is there. So we'll stay a few days to visit before heading back. Mom has already made her way down to sister Joyce's for the winter. It got very cold in Ely this year and she had a doctor's appointment in Utah on the 5th so it made sense for her to just stay. Larry & I will be delivering her car and more of her belongings on Saturday I believe. It will be good to see her and Joyce too. Sure hope it doesn't snow while we're there!