After a 15 1/2 hour flight to San Francisco, then a 5 hour flight to Orlando, a Van ride to Lady lake we got home 36 hours later. It always seems to take longer on the way home than going.
ODDS and ENDS
1.The hotels and airport all have prayer rooms. It was Ramadan and D was surprised by turkey bacon jerkie because no pork is served.
2. The mall in Dubai is so large you can hire a cart to drive you around.
3. A couple we met from the Britain had been robbed in Barcelona it took place in the hotel lobby. No money, no passports, no help from the hotel. They were left with their luggage and a hidden American Express card. At the embassy to get emergency passports they would accept only cash. The cab driver paid for their passports in cash and allowed them to pay him with the AMEX. Made them airline flights to catch the ship and got them a hotel room. No matter where you are in the world there will be someone who is willing to help.
4. The coffee is so much better at home.
5. I took a 5hr. Nap yesterday. So I was up at 4:30 am today.
6. Every country takes US money even when your told they don’t. They prefer it.
We leave each time with a suitcase full of dreams.places we’ll see, things we’ll do. Some come true,some do not. No Frankincense from Oman, no children’s book from India. Other things we didn’t know to dream about. A dessert lunch in a Bedouin camp. Riding in a boat through the rice patties and cashew trees in India. Meeting people from all over the world, Enjoying the freedom of no phone, no doctor appointments, no meal planning.
Always wondering if this is the last trip or are there more to come. The answer is in the future so we will enjoy today.
Thanks for everyone’s comments. Even those who wanted a confrontation with our table mates, or how we should have never gotten off the ship in India. I read them all.
Until next time.