DAVE & REBECCA'S BIG ADVENTURE travel blog

What we found in the back yard

what we found in the backyard

what we found

the process of tearing it all out !

Trim trim, dig dig, throw it away.

needs trimming

replacement flowers

more replacement flowers and bushes

Rebecca coaching James

Ours friends the VanEmmerik's repainted the yellow room white for us.

Dave replaced all 4 of the pulsating sprinkler heads

Our son Kent, hydroseeded the back yard with rye and kentucky blue...

Wait till you see the finished product.


The drive down from Likely, CA was smooth and nice with warm weather. We arrived at our house (formerly our home) about 1 p.m. After parking the coach on the RV pad and setting up we went to work. As you'll see by the pictures, our beautiful & mature lawn and many of the bushes, trees were allowed to die. Later, Dave narrowed the catastrophe down to an electricity bump "killing" the watering computer. Since that happened the lawn, trees and bushes got little or no water.

So the yards needed redoing, tearing out and replanting. Then the house, though in "OK" shape still didn't meet our standard for clean living. One room needed painting, one wall in the front room needed repainting and the french doors off the master bed to the upper deck needed repainting, ugh! Of course all the carpets, all the windows, all the floors needed cleaning. Amidst all the outside work, a young man named James came by looking for work. He worked hard for two days, saving us alot of hours and many blisters.

Pictures of the finished yard work in the next entry....

Share |