The RV is packed and we are ready to head out on the snowy roads. We hope to make it to Winchester, VA where we'll stay in a hotel since the RV is still winterized and has no water supply (just "pink fluid"). It is strange to see the kayaks covered with snow.
Early morning update!
We arose this morning at 5AM (Jan, 3) to a winter storm warning with blowing and drifting, blizzard-like conditions. The lake effect has really revved up its engine so we just went back to bed. Our departure is probably delayed by a day.
Breaking news - We headed out after looking at webcams that were focused on the local area highways. The snow looked a little better than at 5 AM, so (since we were ready) said, "Let's do it!"
We had blowing and drifting snow until we reached the southern end of Monroe County. Then the roads became clear of snow and as we got closer to Corning, the roads were actually dry.
We completed 300 miles and we're snuggy in a Sleep Inn in Carlisle PA.