As we prepare for our second set of back to back cruises, I realize there is a plethora of firsts we have waiting for us.
1. Changing planes in Frankfort, Germany and not the US.
2. No seats have been assigned to us for the first leg of our flight from Orlando. So we may not sit together.
3. There are continents on this trip we’ve never set foot on.
4. The volume of visa’s needed.
5. Seven different currencies.
6. An ocean view balcony room when we have always been on deck two with an inside room.
7. This ship is the largest one we have sailed on with a capacity of 4180 passengers. Only setting sail on it’s second voyage.
8. Shore trip wardrobe restrictions.
9. My husband asked ,for the first time ,”how do I get home if you die? “ We had just had this happen to a couple we knew from another park. He had considered two plans. Ride till he gets to Singapore and take the original booked flight home. Go to a singles event and find someone to travel back with him. I keep a pretty detailed notebook about flights, hotels, insurance. What is already paid for or what still needs a payment. We discussed the issue I did a little research found out there is a ship employee who will assist you with any arrangements that need to be made. Now that we know this our plan is NOT to use those services.
I will admit I love all the planning and research. Finding out what was useful, untrue, or exactly as advertised. All of it makes for a true adventure. I am pleased you’ve chosen to come along with us.
We leave in just 10 days.